05 January 2005 13:55
After several requests were received for the release of my new skin for .Text has been pushed up my list of priorities and so here it is.
To install the skin:
- Extract the BlueCurve folder in the bluecurve.zip file into the .Text skins folder: "DotTextWeb/Skins/bluecurve/".
- Add the following line of code to the Skins.config file located in the "DotTextWeb/Admin folder": <SkinTemplate SkinID = "BlueCurve" Skin="BlueCurve" />.
- Extract the BlueCurveAdditions.dll file into the .Text bin folder: "DotTextWeb/bin/".
- Replace the DOCTYPE definition in DTP.aspx and Queue.aspx with the following: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
- Select "BlueCurve" from the skins selection in the blog Config Options.
Step 3 adds extra controls to the .Text installation to enable the custom rendering of certain elements to fit in with the overall design and step 4 is required to ensure the correct appearance of the skin in both Internet Explorer and FireFox (or other Mozilla based browsers).
The zip file can be downloaded from http://blog.salamandersoftware.co.uk/downloads/bluecurve.zip. Click the thumbnail above for a larger screenshot. Feel free to leave any comments, feedback, bug reports in the comments for this post.
Update: The download has been updated to include a few fixes following feedback from Aubrey. Thansk.